Web Seminar - Testing Bluetooth, Wireless, Cloud, Microphones
Join us for our next webinars with our distributor SOMA Acoustic
Testing Modern Audio Devices Using KLIPPEL - Bluetooth, Wireless, Cloud, Microphones, Beamforming
This series of 4 webinars will introduce the audience to the test and measurement world dedicated to production of audio products. We will start with an introduction pointing out challenges of production testing and differences to R&D test conditions and methods. A major key point will be the detection of bad units or, which is especially difficult, potentially bad units. This is important to avoid expensive field rejects and to gain or maintain a good reputation in the tough audio market. Quality is related to cost, this relationship will be analysed and practical tools explained how to optimize this trade-off. Limits are used to separate good and bad units, define the yield and profit. Tuning them is a 3rd major point in the webinar series. We will end with a discussion how to exploit unavoidable failures and problems in productions. Modern ideas are presented to learn from those cases, which are usually discarded. Defect analysis, automatic classification and problem solving strategies based on physical test results lead to an optimized production process, providing better and more reliable products.
The webinars attendees should have an engineering background and should be familiar with acoustics and audio products. There is no need of knowing Klippel products (but would help). Basic knowledge of signal processing such as FFT and distortion measurement (THD) is recommended.
- Please register on the website of SOMA Acoustic or contact Paco Lee via email paco.lee(at)somaacoustic.com(dot)tw
- Registration fee: USD1,000 (education units participate free of charge)
- Please Note: The webinar is presented in English using slides with Chinese content.
The Webinar Sessions
Webinar 1: Quality Matters - Gateway to Sales
by Stefan Irrgang on Friday, 16th October 2020 at 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (China Standard Time) | 10:00 am - 12:00 am (Central European Time)
Match QA in final application, R&D testing and production reasonably
Verification of prototype properties (match the spec, sensitivity, frequency response, THD, impedance) – R&D part
How to transform proto type development into mass production
How to avoid failures in design and early development
What are critical defects?
Webinar 2: Sensitive Measurements – Ensure Product Performance
by Robert Werner and Javier Deza Sorribas on Friday, 23rd October 2020 at 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (China Standard Time) | 10:00 am - 12:00 am (Central European Time)
- What can be tested, which sensors shall be used?
- Check for production problems (rub&buzz, air leakage, coil position)
- Ensure long term operation at user site (detect indications for future failure)
- Perceptual testing at production line (pitfalls and use cases)
- Avoid false rejects due to production environment (production noise, test enclosures)
Webinar 3: Critical Limits – Control the Yield
by Marian Liebig on Friday, 30th October 2020 at 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (China Standard Time) | 10:00 am - 12:00 am (Central European Time)
- Optimize overall cost of quality
- Derive limits from prototype, Golden units and limits
- Rules for headroom
- Make limit settings easy
- Monitor yield and react fast
- Process capabilities
Webinar 4: Don’t Discard Failures - Exploit them
by Stefan Irrgang on Friday, 6th November 2020 at 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (China Standard Time) | 10:00 am - 12:00 am (Central European Time)
- Quality management strategies
- Defect analysis and location
- Root cause analysis
- Improving production process
- In-situ monitoring in final application